Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Catching up with things...

Today I realized I haven't updated since December 4th - my apologies.  We've been involved in a family crisis and miracle which is simply astounding.  I remember the plans I had for that week after the 4th of December, even the post I planned for the following Friday but everything melted away in the white heat of the trauma on December 7th.  You can read about the details of our Christmas Miracle 2010 at this link.

DeeDee is now laughing and speaking three words regularly.  She is coming back to us, slowly but surely.  Many of you have asked to send her cards which is the lovliest thought, thank you.  She will be thrilled getting cards from everyone, and reading them when she's able to (make sure you date them for her and tell her your connection so she can piece it all together -  you know her aunt, me.)

I think it will amaze her that so many people around the world have been praying for her; it's amazed me.  On behalf of the Spada and McGrath families, thank you so very, very much.

Dierdre Spada
Room 312
c/o Spaulding Rehab Center
125 Nashua Street
Boston, MA 02114

I'd also like to say that the town of Dedham donated so much to help at this time, as well as many known and anonymous doners.  We thank you all from the depths of our hearts.  We are simply blown away by all of your care and concern.  If you are interested in donating, please contact me privately at karenmcgrathauthor(at)gmail(dot)com for the trust fund information.

With much love, Karen


photo credit: morguefile.com

7 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled to hear Dee Dee is doing better. My prayers are still with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear Dee Dee is recovering. Three words, wow, it is a miracle. Prayers are continued for Dee Dee, you, your family and Dee Dee's. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that DeeDee is doing better. Will continue to pray for her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers continue to be with all of you. I'm glad to see that DeeDee is on the road to recovery. May God continue to bless and guide you every step of the way.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,
    I wasn't thinking very clearly in December, because my husband's health deteriorated and he got back his high calcium from the sarcoidosis.(He has since recovered almost entirely) But I remember telling you I would pray for DeeDee and hoping that there would be a miracle. You are so blessed with her recovery and I will continue to pray for her full recovery. She is so beautiful and young and she deserves to live her life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, so glad to hear DeeDee is laughing! That is wonderful. She continues to be in my prayers. Thank you for updating us.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for Deedee and so happy to hear she's doing good it is definitely a miracle! You may not know me but i met Deedee a few times years ago i lived in Dedham and was best friends with Ashley Packard, Ashley looked up to deedee like a sister and when i met her i realized why she is the sweetest person ive met and her smile just lights up a room, i am also Casey Hicksons little sister Casey is Billys friend. Just wanted to send my support and i am praying for your family and so happy to hear deedee is pulling through she is extremely strong and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete